Sunday, May 27, 2007

Greetings on Memorial Day Weekend



When we lived in Ft. Myers, my sister and I always tried to get by the cemetery to put a red/white/and blue decoration of some sort on both my Uncle Harlan and my step-dad, Papa Joe's burial sites. Today, I am 2 1/2 hours away but they are sure in my thoughts. Both of them were in the US Army and Harlan was assigned to Patton's army as a clerk. He saw the D-Day invasion and I have many of his pictures from that time.

I am always amazed at what a fantastic job the Am Vets, the VFW and the Boy Scouts do at decorating the graves of those who served in our armed services on special days such as this one. I know that a flag has been placed for both Harlan and Papa Joe.

We are having friends and family over for a cook out today. E has been fixing an amazing potato salad of his and much much more. Looking forward to our first party in our new home.

Whatever your plans for this wonderful weekend, be safe and enjoy!

4 comments:

Denita said...

Jules, hope you have a wonderful day my dear. I'm sorry that I didn't make it yesterday to scrap with you gals, emotionally things keep getting in my way. I'm looking forward to seeing your new home, it looks like it is coming together beautifully of course.
Love ya, Dee

madelineas said...

Jules I hope you had a good day with all your company. I used to do the same thing on Memorial Day at the cemetery. A bif part of my heart is still in RI.

Pam in Moncton said...

I just saw pics of your house that Kip took. Marvelous! Love the pool! The whole place looks just great.
Pam

Cheryl said...

Jules,

Ditto on the beautiful pictures of your house Kip took. I collect LLADROs too. LOL! It was fun to see them in your family room.

Beautiful job. I'm still not completely unpacked and the walls are still half bare after 8 months in our new house. Can You & E come over and help?