Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy Hump Day


Here I am with one of my grandpuppies, Gumbo. Gumbo was a Katrina victim puppy whom the kids started off fostering. He was scrawny, ridden with fleas, mites and
parasites of all kinds. The rescue people helped the kids with the vet bills and Pet Smart was donating and giving discounts on food, etc. When no one claimed, Gumbo (named after his home state of La.), the kids adopted him. He is a one big puppy and he and his older brother, Sirius, race through the house and out in the backyard, then plop down and rest.

Started the morning my favorite way: coffee, my honey and me in the hot tub. It was and is a cloudy, gray day here in Paradise with nary a breeze. The palms across the street looked quite dramatic outlined against that streaky dark sky this a.m. before the sun started it's climb. E is off to work at 8 and I need to figure out just what I want to do this glorious gift of a day. It is suppose to cool some so hopefully I can open up the house.

I am working on a layout of my messy workroom and the lack of space. I have tons of pics of the mess in which I exist when I scrap and alter. I take a look at some of the scrap rooms posted by scrapbookers and celebs in the industry and wonder how they can create in such tidy places...lol. I had a sign on my desk when I taught that said, "A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind" and now I have one that says, "Art is messy"...maybe I should use that for the title of the layout? I also have some pics of the "After" when I had to box up tons of stuff from my room due to the open houses...but they really aren't me, ya know! lol I guess "me" is something of a combo of these two extremes like now.

What is with the big push to the return to 2 page layouts? I use to do these all the time but now almost every publisher in the industy is wanting these...what with the return to white pages, rounded corners etc., CM should be doing a booming buisness. What is next? Stickers? lol

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Mae said...

NO TO THE RETURN OF STICKERS!!!!!!! I WILL NOT GO THERE!

Mae

altar ego said...

I like "Art is messy" as a title--it speaks the truth! Can't wait to see the LO...

Tami Jones-Shumate said...

I seem to be a bit snobby when it comes to stickers, either They have to be Cardstock stickers, OR about baseball.....