Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's this thing about doors...

I have a thing about doors. I love old, ornate or even new and unusual doors. I have been taking pics of them for about 3 years now and am in the process of compiling a coffee table album of my layouts of doors. I have been trying to figure out what to do with this pic from Rome, Italy and so that is my project for today (along with the 3 unfinished layouts on my work table).

Yesterday was another Big Biscuit Day (as Kipster would say). I opened up my Scrapbooking.com newsletter and there was one of my fave layouts and me as a winner of a Mother's Day Contest! What a great surprise. This has actully been a Big Biscuit month for me...the invites to teach at Whims So Doodle in St. Pete and Ruban Rouge in Palm Harbor, celebrating Mother's Day with my kids, getting to hang out with Kip and Teri, Stampington & Co. requesting my hinged panels and now the contest. I can not complain at all! Gotta love those biscuits!

My Big Wave of the Day goes out to LUTZ, FL. If you are a scrapper, blogger from Lutz, let me know. I'll be hunting for some local gals with whom to crop as it looks like our house in Connerton (between Lutz and Land O Lakes) will be ready mid to late Oct.

Everyone have a great day and watch for updates! Off to visit blogs...it is four am and I can't sleep!

9 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Love the picture and I'm sure you will find something marvelous to do with it. Congratulations on all your recent successes! I've been seeing them in the Hilltop Yahoo group posts. Well deserved!
Pam

JulesinParadise said...

Thanks Pam, it is appreciated! Also, I got the cd...many thanks. I'll get one of Anne's and my pics out to you soon.

Wendy said...

Jules,
Love the pic of the door! Congrats on your BBD or month! I am so happy for all your accomplishments. You are such a wonderful person and scrapper. You deserve the best!

:Jayne said...

Mornin' Jules!
Congrats on all the big news! I may have to travel down for a class one day!
:J

Kath said...

Great pictures, Jules! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Funny you posted you had a BBD - I put on my blog that I had a BBD yesterday. GMTA! Kath

Just Me said...

What a fantasic pic Jules. How did you become interested in taking pics of doors? While Ive never seen many interesting doors, I think that would be a fun thing to do!

Congrats on all your recent successes! *Ü*

Cindy Marchant said...

Love that door. I am always on the lookout for ornate doors, fences, etc. in fact if you look at the New Orleans pics on my blog there is a pic of these awesome door handles.

Congrats again on all the awesome things happening in your life. You deserve every bit of it. I am soooo very proud of you. Just remember the little people on your way up!!! LOL!

Tami Jones-Shumate said...

you have had a great couple of weeks! YEAH for you, you so deserve it you are such a good person!
Tami

Doug Bagley said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Sorry I've been slow in peeking in at your blog. I'm up to my neck in alligators. Speaking of which, man are we not have problems with us encroaching on their territory? It's mating season and you know how that goes...men are just like the gators, LOL.