Tuesday, January 30, 2007

DAY Two at Winter Retreat






After nearly freezing in our 'open air' cabins on Friday night, we hit the lodge where the men folk (or "our husbands" as they were often called) had the fires going in both of the fireplaces and our wonderful hostess, Linda, had breakfast started. And right after breakfast, the classes began all over the place. The lodge where the classes were held was right on the bank of the Santa Fe River which flowed through the state park. I took Lisa Thayer's class in the morning and I can only say, WOW! She designed a 3 panel magnetic board with a place for cute stamped quotes (Technique Tuesday stamps...she works for the co. at conventions)and a place for a memo pad. We got to pick our papers and created these cute pens to match! I will post mine when I repair a couple of places where I scored a bit too deeply. I do know that Lisa has a couple of kits left and you will want one when you see the finished product.

Lunch was hot and filling and some of the best down home cooking! That Linda just doesn't stop. I taught my class in the late afternoon and it was tough to concentrate with that beautiful view out the window. "Our husbands" had fueled the fires and we were warm and toasty. I had fun students and we did the little acrylic boxes with the mini accordion albums inside. I'll post an example of these tomorrow too and I have 3 left if anyone is interested.

We cropped the rest of the evening with Kip and I heading back to the cabin first. It had been a long day after a short night. Our cabin was much warmer than the night before so we settled in with a glass of wine (or two) and were joined by first Miss Jayne, followed by Teri and, around midnight, Barb. The rain began as the storms moved through the rest of the night. We laughed and talked and just enjoyed each others company. Lisa and Gerri-anne got trapped in the lodge until the wee hours and ended up sleeping in the SUV...after driving around a bit with the heat on high! Smart chickies.

More later: DAY THREE

1 comment:

madelineas said...

Sounds like a blast Jules..can't wait to see what you made..