Monday, January 15, 2007

Wonderful Weekend






What a great weekend: the crop at Lisa's store, Ruban Rouge (www.rubonrougepaperarts.com) was such fun. It was wonderful to see everyone. Kip, Teri, Robin, Little Amy, Michele, her mom Alice (HI ALICE) and her sister Cheryl and Diana, whom I had not met before but had heard all about from Dee, Linda and the Kipster. We shopped, we laughed, we ate, and we even scrapped a little. Lisa let Kristen bring up some yummy snacks and take some Pampered Chef orders and even invited her back to a Friday evening crop even though K does not scrap!

The guys got lots done on the dinning room. They tore out wood that the termites had eaten, replaced that and worked on dry wall and the exterior of the house as well. We were all so beat from our various ventures that cooking in was out of the question. The kids offered to take us out to supper. We ate at Red Fish, Blue Fish which is a really cute restaurant near their house. We ate out on the deck and listened to the reagge band. The food was super and the atmosphere fun!

Sunday Kristen and I hit Jo's and Mike's loaded with coupons. She got some clings for her sliders as the dogs keep running into the door when it is shut! I found the plastic scrapbook bins on sale for 5.00 instead of the usual 8.00 and got 3. I love these for on-gong projects and pages. Lisa, from RR, is the one who showed these to me sometime last year and I tried them out on her word and love them! I picked up enough foam brushes to last me for the next 3 Hang Ten kits too at 15.00 per.

Speaking of Hang Ten, we have some exciting news to share soon. But I can't tell all right now! Such a tease, aren't I?

I am having connection problems and the cable guy won't be able to get out until Thursday. So, if you don't see the blog change, you'll know why! Love to all!

5 comments:

Kath said...

Love the pictures - It looks like you guys had a blast, and I love seeing pics of Amy and Teri, whom I haven't seen in ages!
Kath

:Jayne said...

Now I know why you weren't around all weekend. Looks like you had a great time!
I'm glad you mentioned Hang 10, I almost forgot to order my kit! It's ordered now!
Have a great day!

:J

Michele L from Tampa said...

Group shot did come out excellent! Thanks for posting it! That food looked yummy! You eat so well! lol. I did not know until we were in the car leaving that my mother never actually met you - I am so sorry! I just assumed she did, and yep you know wha t they say about assuming! So very sorry. I know she reads your blog daily, so it was as if she had already met you. It was so great! Next is WR, coming up fast! Can not wait!

Cheryl said...

Jules,

Great Photo. I added the ones from Kip to my Blog the other day & will now "lift" this one to add to it. It was so much fun to see you. You are a hoot!!

Bec said...

That food looks fantastic!