After six years of being active on one message board or another and having committed my fair share of mistakes, I have come to know this
1. Flooding the gallery is inconsiderate to others who would like their work shown as much as you would like yours. It bumps others off and some very lovely layouts go unseen as many viewers do not go beyond the first page of a gallery. Flooding the gallery (posting far more than a couple of layouts at one time)is considered by many to be showing off.
2. Post unto others as you would have others post unto you(r layouts). I have learned that a standard rule of thumb is to post 3-5 comments to others' layouts for every layout of your own that you post. It is just nice, you know?
3. Every mb has its cliques and some mbs are more inviting than others. Pick the ones that are open, welcoming and warm and stick with them. I am a small town gal by upbringing and find it easier to play on a smaller mb than a large one where I feel lost in the crowd. Find one that fits you!
4. Celebrate the joys and accomplishments of others! It is more fun to do the Happy Dance with others than it is to dance alone.
5. Ask how someone did something...if it is a technique on a layout or an avatar or a blinkie or anything that they know more about than you do. Not only do you learn something but everyone is good at something and we all love to help others. Allow others to contribute to you!
Feel free to add to this list in a reply...I'd love to get more tips. Thanks.
So, this old gal is off to find a house before E and I end up living out of our mini van with our two wild boys, Fat Jack the Cat and Goof. Wish us luck for all our sakes...lol.