Monday, April 02, 2007

Packing: Day One

Actually we never unpacked tons of things from when we thought we were moving before but looking around this house sets me wondering how we ever managed to accumulate so many nicknacks and set around things. E has a grand plan for us so that we are ready to stuff the POD when it arrives on April 16th. Today is pack up the LLadros and our paintings. The kids will take the figurines and paintings back with them when they leave from their Easter visit. They'll store these for us at their house.

I finished the Drink of the Day mini album for the cruise (www.hilltopmemories.com). I need to stuff the kits and pack them into my xxl. That goes with us as I leave on May 3 with Kip and I don't want to be ripping through boxes hunting for my kits. It turned out pretty cute, I think.

I am hoping to make a large dent in my work room today in terms of packing. While I have some upcoming kits and classes, these are all designed and all I am waiting on is the papers etc. to pack 100 for the Tampa Expo and 25 for Hang Ten kits in June.
The hard work is done!

If anyone has any tips for packing up a scrap work room, please let me know!

Have a great day and picture me knee deep in bubble wrap and boxes!

3 comments:

nickle831 said...

Packing up a scraproom... Hhmm if nothing else this is going to be a hell of a way to get it all organized. I bet you find all kinds of treasures you forgot about. GoodLuck!

Pam in Moncton said...

I pack up a good part of mine to take to the cottage every summer and it is always a chore and fills the whole car and then some. I found last year was easier as I had most of my paper in vertical storage and all I had to do was pick them up and move them. Ginni's PO box idea is good too. I always keep a few from monthly kits and use those.
Pam

R. Dorrian6 said...

I would pack one box with your must have items. Any tools, stamps, adhesives etc that you use on a regular basis. Then clearly mark the outside of this box "esstenials" or something so that you can find it amoung all the others. That way after a long day of unpacking you could still find all your bare necessities and scrap and relax w/o digging through all the boxes.

Next I would organize and purge at the stame time. Stamps in one box, paper in another, etc...

I would also create a master list and number each box and then in a little notebook write the box number a quickie description of what's in each box. example: box #5 basic grey & bazzill, box #6 mini albums, kits & projects

Gool Luck with your move!