Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lunch at Mango Mama's







About one pm today we had both had enough of the unpack/dress the top of the cabinets in the kitchen/laundry etc. work ethic we had embraced since about 7 am. We cleaned up and drove about 4 minutes to a place I found on one of my biking adventures. Mango Mama's (just named a few weeks ago) is a hidden treasure opposite the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs. I had the fried clams w/fries and cole slaw and I have to say, these are some of the best I've had. Think the old Howard Johnson's clam roll good! These are the fried clams I use to love at Mantazas on the Back Bay in Ft. Myers before they changed the clams they used.

Our waitress, Jackie, was friendly and made us feel like the regulars we will probably become. This cute little place serves breakfast and lunch now during 'summer' hours and has a party/dinner night about every 6 wks. As we were leaving, another of the gals who work there asked us if we were coming to party night (June 8th) and Jackie immediately introduced us to Tara. Now how nice is that?

Here are a few pics of the place...don't ya love it? Oh, and the beer is Land Shark which is brewed in Jacksonville, Fl out of the Margaritaville Micro Brewery. Tastes a lot like Coors!

5 comments:

Kip said...

I'll have to check out that place with you sometimes. Sounds friendly!!

Pam in Moncton said...

Looks like you found a friendly spot! Looks like a fun place.
Pam

Michele L from Tampa said...

Were the clams with the bellies or just strips? I love strips, my son easts the ones with the bellies. Land Shark sounds good - love Coors!

madelineas said...

Jules, you find the best place I swear. Nothing like a cold frosty mug of beer.

:Jayne said...

Sounds cool! I may have to check it out sometime!
:J