Friday, May 18, 2007

Why I like to go to crops...



I belong to a retreat group called Hilltop Memories (www.hilltopmemories.com). Linda, the owner, does a crop almost every month and has weekend retreats from time to time like the cruise, CreepOver, Winter Retreat and the upcoming Birthday Crop and the Fried Green Tomatoes Retreat. I can not tell you how much fun these events are or how good the food and how amazing the company. You've seen some of the fun photos taken at these events which take place pretty much all over the state. Some times I'll teach a class and sometimes I just go to play. Keep up the good work, my friend, Linda!

Another upcoming retreat that sounds like fun is the one in September by Kim Hodges (www.scrapbooksnsticker.com). She is holding her retreat on Marco Island and you can check out her site for details. There are going to be some big names there teaching classes and little ol' me as well.

The best thing about retreats and crops for me is not the fact I get tons of my scrapping and projects done (because I don't) but the Group Therapy that takes place and laughter amongst friends. On the cruise, the ages spanned from cute Amanda at 20 to the old biddy, me at almost 60 but we all had a blast. We have come to share far more than scrapping. We are friends!

5 comments:

eljay716 said...

We are and that is the big prize! We have to have photos to crop and our fun cruise was that, a photo op. Thank you for your kind words.. love ya

Mae said...

I SO envy you Hilltop Girls. All of Linda's crops sound like such fun.

Mae

madelineas said...

So glad you ejoy those crops and you are not an 'old biddy' Love that shirt

:Jayne said...

AMEN JULES!

:J

karen said...

Jules...Not a part of the cruise or the Crops...however GREAT MINDS think alike....I have that very tee shirt...!!!!!
Love YA...Karen