Sunday, September 02, 2007

My altered journal for Creative Escape





(front cover, inside front cover, facing page and back cover)


What a fun thing to send a bunch of creative gals coming to AZ! I love the blank journal that Creative Escape sent us and wanted to make it mine ASAP. Long having been a lover of the old, the vintage and the vamp, I decided to alter mine as if I were traveling in my grandmother's hey day. I wanted it rich and bedecked with ribbons and charms and flowers but to still leave plenty of space to record my trip to this event and to have room for pictures as well. So far, I am pleased with what this is becoming. I have a few more images to stamp on some random pages and will complete the project upon my return home. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

:Jayne said...

Love it! It reminds me of the antique autograph journal I have. Remind me to show it to you sometime, you will love it!

:J

Chris said...

way cool girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madelineas said...

Love it. You did a great job

Pam in Moncton said...

That's beautiful! I love how you made it your own. I didn't get one or at least not yet. I had to update my address, which all cam when I was away but I did that and emailed them but no Fed Ex package :( Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, not that important! Love yours!
Pam

Pam in Moncton said...

Oh yeah...see you Wednesday!
Pam

Mary B said...

awesome, awesome, what time are you going to RR?

altar ego said...

I am always astounded by how easily you come up with ideas in responses to an opportunity to create. I wish I could do that! I know you'll have a wonderful time at CE, not only reveling in the creative opportunities, but being with good friends. Wish I could be joining you. Maybe next year?

Have a fabulous time and let's compare calendars soon to plan a trip south!

xoxo