Saturday, January 26, 2008

To Good Friends and good times...








We spent another wonderful day with our St. Louis pals, Jo and Bill. We met them in Dunedin at Flannigan's Bar that we discovered with Steve and DeeDee (another set of our St. L pals who were here over New Year's Eve). This first pic is of my oldest friend, JoAnn...oldest in terms of endurance, not years as she is quick to remind any and all I am her older friend (by 39 days)! This is also the picture I told her I would not take! lol
We shopped our way around Dunedin with E and I picking up the info we needed for Feb 5th...Fat Tuesday. We were so relieved to find out that there was a Mardi Gras celebration somewhere around here. Ft. Myers had nada and we so missed the one in St. L.

We headed to Ozona, a small small town hidden away between the Gulf and Alt 19 but home to two of the best restaurants around: Molly Goodheads and The Ozona Pig...actually, everyone here just calls it The Pig. We had a great lunch at Molly's and then parted ways. E and I made a second visit to Molly's as I discovered I had left my camera with all these wonderful shots of Wood Storks on the roofs of small cottage shops in Dunedin sitting on the restaurant table. Our waitress had place the camera behind the bar for safe keeping until we could get back to pick it up.

The last picture is one of the tree chambered streets of Ozona! So lovely and there are such cute cottages here...a true taste of old Florida.

Tomorrow brings another adventure with a visit to the Oldsmar Flea Market followed by a bbq with all the kids.

1 comment:

Chris said...

omg I love the cranes!!!!