Sunday, March 02, 2008

Quiet Sunday here in Paradise

Rob is coming over later to help us with a computer problem and we're having tacos for supper. Hopefully, we can get some garden work done today. The sun is out and the surf is up!

E worked hard on the lower yard yesterday while I sold stuff at the yard sale. He got tons more of the crushed shells moved out beyond the fence so we can mulch and plan our meandering path from the gate to the patio down there. Our poor table that we bought 7 years ago for ten bucks at a going out of business sale is sadly on its last legs...literally. Two of the legs are almost rusted through and it is standing on a wing and a prayer. Adding new table to our every growing list. I'll check out Home Goods later this spring and I always find something there!

I need to clean up in this room and prepare for my Guest DT slot at Quietfire (see link on the left). There are new challenges each week on Tuesdays and these women have talent dripping from their finger tips. I will get a good stretch out of this experience. I am receiving some of the stamps that Suzanne, the owner, makes and can't wait to get started! Thanks Suzanne! Check out her store. Kip found some lovely hardware accessories there and her stamps are wonderous!

Will take some pics of the lower garden later as a couple of people have asked how it is progressing...slow but steady is the course (to misquote someone famous)!

3 comments:

owensmith said...

checked out the quietfire site
, it is fantastic. can't wait to see what your project.

:Jayne said...

Sounds like a great day in Paradise. I wish I had your crushed shells. The county covered ours that we had on our parking space. I miss my shell driveway.

:J

Deb said...

Congrats on the guest DT gig at quietfire! Can't wait to see what you create!