Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I cooked!

I know this may come to a shock to many of you who know me well but, I can cook. I'd prefer not too and my kids tell horrible stories about my cooking adventures from their childhood. Like the time I caught the toaster on fire and it burned, unplugged in the snow for a half hour or the time I sorta set fire to chicken cooking on the grill...but, I can cook.
( and the rumors they spread about me having the fire dept. on speed dial are so unjust )!

The evidence is here before your very eyes! Last night, in momentary lapse, I told E, the resident chef and husband, that I would take charge of fixing something besides an evening cocktail. I sauteed some artichoke hearts, quartered, and some sliced mushrooms in some EVOO (just like Rachel Ray) and added some Greek seasoning to the simmering yummies. I had the pasta boiling and E sliced some olives and I added blue cheese to taste after the pasta was done, the sauteed goodies added and a dash or two of white wine with a tad bit of lemon....oh be still my heart. This is to die for and I did it all by myself...well, all but the slicing. Due to an unfortunate encounter a few years back with a serrated steak knife, an orange juice bottle cap and my thumb, I am no longer allowed to play with sharp objects.

And now my fear is that since I turned out a wonderful dish, E might expect me to do this more than once a year...I have managed to delegate all the Thanksgiving cooking to the kids...it is only fair after all the horribly exaggerated stories they tell about me, right?

2 comments:

Carla said...

LOL Jules.....cooking is for the birds. I did it for 17 years of my married life and then when we seperated I took a very long break....I love not having to cook. I go back and forth. sometimes I cook and sometimes I dont. I did Sunday night and I did last night, but not going to tonight...your dish looks and sounds yummy!

Kip said...

blue cheese or feta? It looks wonderful though!