Thursday, July 10, 2008

In my spare time...


(lol) I have started a small album of my childhood memories. The side and back are covered with velveteen paper and the front cover has been inked, Glimmer Misted and embossed. I used Krylons and inks applied with a soft tipped Fantastix to a pressed Ginko leaf and then applied Golden Medium in matt to preserve the delicate leaf.

I've only done the cover and the introduction pages plus a stamped leaf page so far but have gathered items from my stash that reminded me of my childhood to use on other pages.

My baby book was lost in one of our moves so this will be more a journal of my summer memories growing up than it will be a picture album. I plan to devote a couple of pages each to things like my grandmother's garden, the alleyway that linked my grandmother's house to that of my cousins', my neighborhood summer friends, and looking back when my mother and visited the Iowa town for her 50th. high school reunion over ten years ago.

Don't forget to watch for tomorrows blurb here for the Memories in Uniform album give away. Post Friday or Sat and I'll have E do the drawing on Sunday morning and announce then. Thanks

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! What a wonderful adventure you'll be penning! Have fun!

Colleen said...

Love the idea of the childhood memories album!

Cindy Marchant said...

That album will be such a family treasure, Jules! It's beautiful.

Cindy/WAgal

Carla said...

Awesome Jules!!!!! That is going to be beautiful when you are finished....cant wait!

Chris said...

OMG that is awesome girl!!

:Jayne said...

I think this is your most beautiful piece of work!

:J

Roz said...

Love the childhood memories album. It looks georgeous!

Lois aka katesmum said...

Oh that is sooo beautiful and wonderful and so special... wow - I wish I'd thought of that!

scrappin{jewlz} said...

oh my gosh, that is so beautiful!!

Kip said...

that book is georgous Jules!

owensmith said...

Great idea for doing childhood memories, I may try doing a favorite things album. Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

What a great idea, Jules and of course like all your work it is stunning! Like you I have lost most of the pictures of my childhood, youth and young adulthood. I think an album of my fondest memories would be a great thing to leave behind!

BTW, I have a monthly givaway on my blog as well!