Sunday, July 06, 2008

Living with cats




We have been owned by cats for 12 of our 13 years of marriage. We got Just Jack and Goofy from the humane society in St. Louis. We had lost our wonder cat, Radar, when he roamed out during a party at our house. He had been gone over a year when we felt the void needed to be filled. I had intended to bring home only one cat but the litter was so big that someone had left, that I took two. Kristen bought us the second cat as a gift. Surprisingly, both cats are from the same littler...it was pretty well divided between the orange and the gray stripes so I took one of each.

Here are a couple of shots of Jack at his best...lol. We have to watch carefully when we take laundry out of the dryer as he is notorious for climbing in and cuddling into anything left. He loves towels straight from the dryer and Goofy loves to lie in the folded clothes when we sort them on the bed.

Both of The Boys have taken an unintended dip into the pool. Jack slipped off the side, did a quick mid air turn and propelled himself back onto the rim. Of course, it was all our fault since anyone owned by cats know they are never to blame. Indignant was an understatement...he barely acknowledged us the rest of the day. Guess we shouldn't have laughed, huh? Goofy made the error of jumping onto the pool cover last winter and broke all land speed records racing to the other side and out!

Scrapping The Boys is one of my joys! Have a great one

8 comments:

altar ego said...

Love the picture of Jack in the dryer! They are funny creatures, and are certainly more cooperative (or should I say tolerant) when it comes to having their picture taken than any dog I know! Also love the layout of Jack and Jill from a few days ago. Great pic, and the layout is purrfct!
xoxo

Michele L from Tampa said...

his tail is in the water. just on the edge taunting the water. sweet babies!

:Jayne said...

I love the pic of him with his tail in the water. That is just too funny! The minute our cat touches water like that he's outta there!

:J

Cindy Marchant said...

Jules I just love those two cats!!! You can't post enough pics and layouts of them for me!!!

Cindy

Pam in Moncton said...

Oh the cats do love their creature comforts which do include freshly washed laundry! Great pics.
Pam

Carla said...

So cute.....LOL
You know me...I love kitties too, I have two females......

Carla said...

PS the lay out is great!

dawn said...

Hi Jules - my cats own me too! Don't you just love them.

Miss You!