Saturday, November 29, 2008

Alive and Well post Thanksgiving day





We had a great time at the kids' on Thurs. The food was wonderful and the company even better. Hope everyone had a good one too.

Friday I rose early and met Kip and Mary Mary up at Ruban Rouge. At 50% off, I finished my Stocking Pal shopping and got a new cartridge and some papers for my Slice as well. I got the replacement blades for 5.00 instead of ten...probably should have grabbed more than one set of those! Kip and I waited with two very nice women, Julie and her sister and met another gal who on her way home from Ohio! Visiting made the time go so much faster.

After we had shopped, Mary Mary and Kip wanted to go to Jo's and we stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee before we went our separate ways. I missed the turn and ended up parking in the AAA lot (after all, I am a card carrying member, right?)and cutting through another parking lot to get to DD. On my little morning stroll, I passed a small retention pond and LO and Behold! there was a rosette spoonbill. We use to drive all the way out to Ding Darling on Sanibel Island to see these beautiful birds and there was one right next to Dunkin Donuts in Palm, Harbor, Fl. We've also seen the amazing wood storks fly over our house and on our bike trips into town here in Tarpon Springs and we'd have to go to Naples to see them in Ft. Myers.

The tree is up, the lights are lit (and one strand already out on the lanai), most of the Christmas shopping is done. And I think there is a holiday bazaar here in Tarpon Springs today and tomorrow. May have to roam by and see if the spiced nuts guy is there...love those!

Until tomorrow when I'll get some pics up of our decos for the holidays, have a good one

2 comments:

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

You can find the spoonbills south on us 19 on the shore in low tide at the Japaneese Gardens mobile home park, also across the causeway at the Hyatt Westshore - park for free, then walk the planked deck behind the hotel - best kept secrets!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Chris said...

left you something on my blog girl