Friday, November 21, 2008

That Holiday feeling...




I've had some requests for a pattern for my Christmas tree and, as of yet, I have not made one. I am thinking of offering this as a class either here in town or through KnKclub.com The whole things takes about 2 hours and collapses flat for storage. There are more holiday goodies on my altered art blog...http://jules-atoasttoalteredart.blogspot.com

I am still on a quest for a "head" for my dress form lady (chipboard image is from Sunday International) I have been searching for a photo block with the multi coiled metal pieces. I want to use those to form the lady's hair but have been unable to find one anywhere. The closest I've come is one at Mike's with a pumpkin and not sure that would be a good choice. I also want to add shoes to the lower part but am not the best artist in the world. Still working on some that I can glitter to match the glitter I put on her skirt and striped leggings! If I don't find the coiled wires soon, I'll try making my own or just settle for a tiny hat festooned with pearls and feathers. Ideas anyone?

We're sorting through all the holiday boxes today in an effort to get some of this chaos under control. The outside front is done and we found the suction cups for the lights that we use to line the pool cage on the lanai. Guess that is what we will be doing today!
Have a good one and Happy Friday!

3 comments:

altar ego said...

Good luck with all that is on your plate. I need to be a busy ready preparing for a PC party here on Sunday, but of course I'm sitting here at the computer in my jammies and it's going on 9:00. What's wrong with this picture? LOL. Glad to know we're prepping together.
Love you!

Pam in Moncton said...

Well Jules those are cute! And you are lucky you can get out and decorate. We have about 10 inches or more of snow and more is coming down. The lucky and smart people are the ones who put out their lights last week when it was warm!
Pam

Teresa said...

I love the tree Jules. I would love to know how make one of those!