Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday Stroll







Catherine, aka W.O.T.E. (her blog's name is Woman on the Edge), and I met for breakfast at Cafe Alfresco in Denedin, a small lovely little town with a strong Scottish heritage. This darling little village sits on the Gulf and I come here for the views and the shopping (not to mention the food and festivals) as often as I can. The breakfast was yummy, the conversation lively and fun and Catherine a delight! I was having so much fun, I forgot to take a picture of my breakfast, crab cakes Benedict. Sorry!

After breakfast, we took a walk through some of the streets. This area of the town is surrounded by darling little cottages and lots of Craftsman homes. Most have little gardens and we even found a cute cottage tucked into a garden next to some shops.

Speaking of shops, as you know this is one of my favorite areas to visit for trinkets. Jill and I once went into Qs (a great place to shop)at 10:30am and were asked if we'd like an appletini. That was even a bit early for moi! Catherine and I were not to be tempted though but through no fault of our own. Only the restaurants seemed to be open so we did a bit of window shopping. What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday morning: good company, good conversation and a good weather to boot. Let's do it again, W.O.T.E. !

Check out her blog (list on left)for more pictures of our get together. She is a much better photographer than I.

2 comments:

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

thanks for the honorable mention!

carrie said...

Looks beautiful!