Saturday, February 07, 2009

Graphic 45 papers



KnKclub's Feb. kit was loaded with the wonderfully pretty Graphic 45 Bontanical line. G-a just got all the new papers in and I was fortunate to get my order from her at the Winter Retreat. This layout is about my great aunt's sewing circle when she was younger in Hudson Ia which was her family home. My great aunt was the typical German maiden aunt. Women in a good Catholic family not married by a certain age did one of two things back then: they either entered a convent or they helped raise the children of their brothers and sisters once they had cared for their aged families. My great aunt opted for the later and not only helped raise my grandfather's three children but, when my mother and father and I lived with my grandparents, she helped raise me as well. I only have a few pictures of my great aunt and treasure them all. She was a generous and kind woman with a comfy lap and huge loving heart.

3 comments:

altar ego said...

Gotta love those extended members of the family who give their hearts and laps to the young'uns (as well as the old'uns). This is a lovely layout.
Big hugs to you and E--so glad all turned out well!

Teresa said...

OMG...Just LOVE it. I love all your work, but one that has to do with sewing.....extra special. Wish I could have sewn in your Aunt's sewing guild.
So, so good to see the pic of E in the kitchen too. He looks very happy. Glad the meds worked out for him. :-)
Have a GREAT weekend,
Teresa

Mae said...

OOH...SO pretty.

Family history is so interesting. What a great piece of family history you have captured in this lo.