Saturday, April 18, 2009

Adventure time







Poor E! About once every six weeks or so I plan an 'adventure for the two us. I find something in the paper that sounds fun and that we might not have done before. Today was the day. About 2 wks ago I saw this festival advertized and thought it right up our alley...Latin jazz, big horns, some salsa!

So, after a leisurely bike ride through town, we showered, changed, gathered up sun screen and water, plugged in our GPS, Sweetie Pie (yes, I name all electronic devices...they are more user friendly that way) and headed to Vinoy Park in St. Pete.

The day was perfection! The breezes of Tampa Bay were devine, the music hot and sultry and the beer icey cold. We watched a small sail boat race off the Pier, engaged in some primo people watching and enjoyed each other's company.

A swim before supper (bay scallops and sauteed brussel sprouts with pancetta and scallions in creme fraiche and we subbed a lot to keep this lo cal)topped off the day.

Wish you could have joined us! Don't you just love a good 'adventure'?

2 comments:

Kip said...

Glad you had fun. I love my town's waterfront.

altar ego said...

Yes, I like a good adventure. Even more so, I like adventuring with YOU!! And e, of course... Fun, fun!!