Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Specialty Papers





I have been hunting for some specialty papers to do a series of ten Art Notebooks as gifts for a gift exchange group of which I am a member. I made a notebook for my blog pal, Cathy (W.O.T.E) and people said just nice things about it that I decided this might be a good thing to make.

Now, I have a basket full of specialty papers in my work room and a shelf brimming with more but a girl can never have too many right? During my search for the hanging rack for my workroom, I looked at Tuesday Morning (love that store) and, while I didn't find the rack there, I did find a 50 pack of assorted specialty papers that will fill the bill perfectly for my exchange project. There are silk papers, something called fading image papers, and some matte ones too but the ones that caught my eye in the pkg. were the shiny ones of course. These are an Oriental series by Colorbok that apparently did not go over well as they were discounted at Tuesday Morning for 7.99 for the 50 pack. There are only 2 that I don't care for much so will put them into the stack forming for a lss garage sale.

I started one of the art notebooks yesterday and will put it up on the altered art blog. All of these will be different. If you are in the exchange group and want to be surprized, don't meander over...but then you won't know which one is yours now will you?

Met up with Gail, a pal from the old CKMB, at Ruban Rouge yesterday. She has been in town with her sisters helping her folks but got time off for good behavior (j/k)and we met up. We shopped and then headed over to Gino's for a nice long chat with a glass of Merlot for me and lemonade for Gail. I met up with her and husband and daughter two years ago when they were in town and to me, Gail has not aged one single day. It was so good to see her again!

Enjoy your day

1 comment:

altar ego said...

I want to run away to Paradise!!!