Saturday, May 16, 2009

Inspiration to go






I have been a subscriber of Coastal Living since it's first issue. When we lived in St. Louis, this magazine was my source for light and air during our dark, cold winters. And it gave me a connection to the beach until I could get back to Florida each summer. E had the audacity to suggest I cease my subscription once we actually moved to the Coast...silly man!

For quite some time now, I have used ads in this magazine (and some others) like sketches to design layouts from. Some times I flip the ads; some times I put them on their heads or just use a part of one to get me started. I have also used the colors in the pages as challenges at KNK.

While E was shopping the other day, I roamed through the store on my own (a very dangerous thing for a woman who hates to grocery shop) when I came upon this special issue called "Color it Coastal". Inside were breath taking photos of sunsets, dining rooms, open verandas with beach views and each section had its own color pallet. This magazine and the eight color pallets will keep me inspired for weeks. If you haven't seen this magazine issue, it is a must have!

Enjoy your weekend. We're having a pool party Sunday...come on by!

1 comment:

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

great inspiration!