Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland







Kristen and got on the road about 10:30 this morning after a slight side trip to Sam's for the giant economy size box of infant diapers and baby wipes. Then it was onward to Brooksville were we promptly got lost and circled downtown several times but such fun. Brooksville is a lovely, hilly, historic Southern town with wonderful Victoria homes on most corners and live oaks that stretch their branches across streets and are festooned (I do like that word) with Spanish moss swaying in the slight breeze we had today.

We ended up eating at a cute place in town called Main Street Eatery. The food was very tasty and we had such a friendly mama to be waitress! She and Kristen compared a few notes.

And then it was on to Rogers' Christmas Village for lots of eye candy. We oohed and aahed our way through the several cottages all deco'ed out with Christmas array of all shapes and sizes with something for everyone. I've posted a few of my favorites here and the big building is the Court House in Brooksville.

We headed across the street to the Paper Porch which reminded me so much of my beloved Flower Peddler in Old Town St. Charles and there I found a pair of darling crystal snowmen earrings so I shall be festive tomorrow.

I loved every minute of our day...we are going to have to get the men folk to commit to watching the twins next year so my daughter and I can have our day together! Now wouldn't that be a lovely early Christmas gift to us?

Hope your day has been Merry and Bright!

2 comments:

Maria said...

So gorgeous! Glad you got to have some of that alone time with Kristin.

parasols and maryjanes said...

Love being able to share Christmas views with you. Have a warm and wonderful Blessed Christmas
Carol