Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mardi Gras Part II

By the time we finished our lovely dinner, the parade was ready to start. We were a couple of rows back from the street and could see most of the parade. The people in front of me were kind and allowed me through to the front in order to get a couple of pictures. This is our 3rd. year for Mardi Gras in Dunedin and I think the parade get shorter every year. My favorite were the bag pipers who gave a rousing song as they marched the route. Most of the floats are by the Gaspirilla Crews from a previous event here in Tampa that E and I have yet to attend. Maybe next year!




Rob found us in the crowd at the parade and, back at Bellini's met up with his friend, Mindy and another of their friends. I love how festive the girls look.



We met up with our friend, Buddy, right before the parade. After the parade, we headed back to Bellini's, where we had eaten dinner for a last beer before heading home and Buddy was serenaded by an amazing singer, Elaine (sp?)




Dunedin is a small community settled by the Scottish. Suzie and I loved the dancing woman statue in front of the Scottish American hall. All we need are kilts, right?

No comments: