Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Love

Last year, E and I declared no more cards on Valentine's day or expensive gifts but we would try to create a day for us that was filled with doing the things we love to do together.






E started our morning with bacon, eggs and toast and a lovely bouquet of flowers. And then we moved down to the lower lawn for a fire in the fire pit after I ran some errands and dropped off the kids' Love acrylic mini album I had made them. The fire smelled so good and it was so nice to sit and watch the flames.

E watched the Olympics for a bit while I played in my workroom and then he started up the hot tub for a dip for us. We had ordered a lovely classico Italian wine from an import wine shop and took a glass with us.

After the tub, we cooked. Yes, I know...but I did help. For supper we had a new dish called Seafood Aruba with sea scallops, shrimp and lobster. It was excellent but we both agreed it could use a bit of kicking it up...it lacked some fire.








It was fifteen years ago yesterday that E got down on one knee and proposed to me. This day was almost as memorable! Hope you had a good V'day too!

1 comment:

Janet M said...

Jules that sounds like a wonderful day, I'm so glad you and Gene had such a nice one.