Thursday, April 01, 2010

Red Letter Day here in Paradise

March could not have ended much better. I spent yesterday in the company of three good women: Jackie, Diane and Cathy, who joined us for lunch after the other three of us scrapped most of the day at Ruban Rouge. Cathy is not only a scrapper but a ballroom dancer and my Mary Kay consultant and she brought me some new firming lotion for my neck and chin (actually, she says you can use it all over so I may be bathing in it if it does half what it says it does...I'll keep you posted). I got two full layouts finished and another about half done. It is amazing since I spent most of the time laughing.
Here we are at Jack Willies Tiki Bar in Oldsmar having the beer battered shrimp and soaking up the rays.

And, as if that were not enough to make a day a great one, I have been asked to remain as Visiting Artist at Gingersnaps Creations for another month. The challenges have really made me think outside the box and have helped me stretch. Check out my altered art blog for some samples from the past month as Visiting Artist there.

And that was not the only nice email I got. The Book Club girls have sent me several very kind emails with prayers and good thoughts for my sister. And the Early Birds have all been keeping her in their good thoughts too. Many thanks.

More and more: I submitted two layouts to a scrapbook call from MM and one or both have been accepted for publication in an upcoming book. I find out more on April 8.

And, my friend Pam is coming to visit. She sent her plane reservations and confirmation to me in an email that I woke to this morning.

See why yesterday was such a Red Letter Day? And today will be perfect too if I hear good news about a treasured friend and good news about my sister! Love you both.



3 comments:

altar ego said...

Yay! Sounds like an awesome day indeed. Add my prayers to the wishes for your sister!

Janet M said...

Awesome news Jules on every part of your day and congratulations to you on the publications, I'll look forward to seeing them. It looks like you had a wonderful time yesterday.
I'm keeping good thoughts and prayers for your sister to get a good report and results with whichever treatment she goes with.

rebecca lucille said...

MM knows good stuff when they see it! Congrats to you dear friend!