Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wed and Thurs at the Beach

Yesterday, I met my friend Sonia at Owl and Pussycat Stamp Art Store for demo day and we learned the cutest technique for making darling paper hearts (I'll put some pics on my altered art blog). Regina, the owner, was out sick. She is the most talented woman and I hope she gets better soon. Her love of creating is so contagious and she taught me the technique that got me published for the first time about 7 years ago. Barbara was subbing for her and did an excellent job. Sonia and I roamed the store inhaling idea after idea and being totally inspired...thank Owl and Pussycat!

We had a great lunch and got caught up on our lives. It is always good to see old friends and know some things will never change.

This morning we hit the beach early. It is a good thing too as it is pouring rain here with the wind causing big white caps. It is beautiful to watch ...from inside!
The first picture is of the pier here on the north end of the beach. There is a great restaurant/bar at the base of the pier that makes excellent pina coladas and great coconut shrimp.

E is walking back towards the resort here and you can see the causeway leading to Sanibel and Captiva in the back ground.








and the icing on this sweet slice of life day was brunch with a fellow A Cherry on Top CT member, Jenn. Jenn does digi and her work is wonderful and creative. While we had only met on line, having brunch with her was like we had known each other forever. She graduates with her teaching degree in Dec. Best wishes my CT pal! You are a delight!


After I left First Watch where Jenn and I had brunch (oh my...we had the best tomato basil soup ever), I picked up some fresh decorations for my mom, papa joe, aunt marion and uncle harlans markers at the cemetery. It is always surprising to me how long my parents have been gone...Papa Joe since 06 and my mom since 1999. They would be so excited to meet the boys but I feel certain they know along with Momie and Harlan.

Off to scrap for a bit til the rain, thunder, lightening and winds abate! E, is starting our dinner preparations for our old neighbors, Ed and Deb who are due here around 6:30pm. Hoping this storm has passed by then so we can all have our cocktails Gulf Side.

Have a great day.

No comments: