Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sat. /Project 365 Girls' Weekend

We started our day with breakfast bread from Publix (the best), bagels, and fruit (compliments of Cathy and Natasha)to fuel us for our outings for the day. Cynthia met us here and graciously offered to drive us on our appointed rounds...thanks tons!

Our first stop of the day was Posh Scraps where we were welcomed by Michele and Louie. Posh has just gotten in tons of new product with tons of lovely glittery papers from My Mind's Eye, Webster's Pages, Graphic 45 and more and more. Cynthia found some pretty Teresa Collins papers for her crown Princess book, I bought some beautiful MME and the others also found fun things. No one left empty handed.

Our next stop was Rainbow's End, the amazing fabric and trim store in Dunedin. Michelle, the owner, always manages to find the more beautiful ribbons, rick rack and other trims. And, yes Pam B, I bought you a bunch of the much coveted hand dyed French ribbons. I'll put them in the mail for you so you will have them when you get home from vacation, I broke down and bought the other tool to do my felting. The Styrofoam I had been using and my overly enthusiastic punching had resulted in broken needles. I also purchased some replacement needles and had Michelle show me how to replace them.

I think everyone found some lovelies to put in their baskets here too,

Then, despite the rain, we forged onward to Dunedin's quaint downtown and shopped the boutiques that line the streets. I found some darling stocking stuffers for three friends' Christmas gifts, Ginni found the cutest water bottle holders for her grandchildren and Natasha bought some beautiful earrings and a bracelet to match,

The big find for Noreen was chocolate bread pudding from the cafe on the corner. Where she puts the food and stays as tiny as she is is beyond me but I'd die for some of her metabolism!

Then it was back home for some lunch. E fixed us a Cassoulet with Bacon, Andouille and Country Ribs that he had been simmering on the stove and then into the over for about five hours while we shopped. Oh, be still my heart.

Ginni had to leave us after lunch to attend the birthday party of her five year old grandchild and she was missed. It was so good to see her again. Poor Becky's roof had a leak in her bedroom and she had to miss our day out to clean and mop up the mess...we love you Becky and you were missed too along with all the other Project 365 gals who were unable to make this weekend.

We toasted to you all with Billinis that E mixed for us. Nothing refreshes like peach nector and sparkling Italian wine. It was a nice pick me. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening playing on our laptops, looking at albums and learning about Close to My Heart Studio J digi scrapping program. Noreen is a rep and we loved looking through her catalogs of course.

We were all so full still from our late lunch that we traded muffalatas for cheese, sausage and crackers and most of us headed for bed around ten if not a bit before, It was a lovely long day filled with shopping and the company of good women.

Kristen stopped by with the Twins and picked Noreen's brain on the trials and tribulations of raising twin boys. Noreen has two who have just turned five and living proof that Kristen and Chris will survive this. lol

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!






1 comment:

Adriana Davies said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I wish I could have came! :) Next time for sure!