Saturday, April 09, 2011

The weekend already?

Some how this week just got away from me. Wed. I met Janet Miller and her daughter in law, Linda, for some retail therapy and lunch at a wonderful place on the Gulf, Ozona Blue. It is one of the only restaurants I've ever been to where you can swim before or after lunch in a lovely pool and eat great food. I highly recommend the Sicilian flat bread!


On Thursday, Jacque, Di and I cropped at Posh Scraps instead of on our usual Wed. Jacque's hubby had to see the dr. for some shoulder problems on Wed. so we merely moved our usual day. I got more done on my two projects for my A Cherry on Top reveal coming this Wed. and, thanks to Helmar Adhesives' Scrap Dots and fabric adhesive was able to attach some elements with which I had been struggling. I won a give away the company was having on facebook/ their blog a couple of months ago and, thanks to a generous supply of adhesives, I've been in glue heaven.

After I got home from Posh on Thurs. E and I headed out to Miss Vickey's on the Gulf to join a couple of friends for cool breezes and cocktails. A huge shrimp boat was heading in from the Gulf to one of the fish stores in town; now to find out which one so we can stock up.









We watched the little guys on Friday like always and poor babies both have colds. I took Landon, whose cold appeared the worse, to the doctor who prescribed steam showers, benedryl and Vicks. I guess her advise worked as the boys and their mama are coming over to swim some today.

It has gotten hot and humid here and last night was our last to sleep with our windows open. The a/c went back on this morning and looks like our next cool spell won't come through for a week at least.

My jasmine is blooming, my roses are running riot and we even have a small iris in full flag. Pictures to follow!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

No comments: