Tuesday, August 02, 2011

A weekend of bliss

This past weekend, Jacque and I headed south to the Marina Cove Resort to the Cheeky Chics Summer Lovin' crop. We met up with our roomie, Beth Reed. We unpacked in our room and headed into the crop room which was HUGE. Our room had a balcony over looking Tampa Bay and was perfect for the three of us.

I managed to do nine layouts in the weekend and still got in my half hour morning walks...talk about beautiful walking.

One of our favorite places at the resort was the TIKI BAR, of course. Mark mixed a mean frozen daiquiri and a nice strawberry one for Beth but no sangri for our Jacque . The food in all of the restaurants was amazing and the menus were varied enough for everyone. Even better, or just as good, the prices were reasonable so we never left the resort.

The crop itself was a blast. We met April, who is in our Kindred Spirits Creative Post Card exchange group and saw gals who we know from events at Posh Scraps and Whims and it is always fun to reconnect with old pals and make new ones.






And I can not say enough about my roomies...bestest! I've never laughed so hard!


Got home from the crop and the little guys came over for their first sleep over at Nana and Papas. Rob, Kristen and Chris were over for a cook out (we let them come play too...lol). We were so busy chasing the twins, I didn't even get a single picture. They are not just walking now, but take off at a break neck speed, full tilt, no holds barred. The sleep over went well for everyone but me...we had the baby monitor in our bedroom and I kept waking up to it thinking one of the boys was awake...I'm sure I'll get use to this and get more sleep next time.


And the fun keeps coming. Our friends, the Greens, arrive this Thurs and are staying down on Clearwater Beach. We have a date with them on Friday. While the guys hang out, I want to take Bridget to Dunedin and show her the lovely shops there...the stained glass shop where I get the darling scrabble pieces jewelery, the garden shop, my favorite interior decorating shop and, of course, the quilting store where I get all my ribbons and trims, Rainbow's End . Michelle, the owner, scraps at Posh and her shop is the very best!

Ken was the athletic director at the high school where E and I taught and where I coached cheer. Their daughter was actually on one of my cheer squads and they are grandparents (5 total I think ) to a set of twins too...girls a bit younger than our boys. It will be such fun to see them again.

No comments: