Friday, December 09, 2011

Happy Half Birthday to me!

I only learned about half birthday celebrations recently but you all know me, any excuse for a party. This party is for counting my blessings as I approach the second part of the year towards turning 65!

I am so blessed. I have a wonderous husband, two great kids and one great son in law and grandkids to boot all who make me laugh and enrich my life so very much with their love.

I am so blessed. I have some of the very best friends a girl could ask for. They tolerate my off days, enjoy my company and seem to like my quirky personality. They revel with me in my daily life and enhance my very soul. These women ( and you do know who you are) are the epitome of integrity and honor and have set a high standard that has moved me in a more positive direction in my life. And, besides, they are funnier than hell!

I am so blessed. I have my health and am back to Weight Watchers which is the only program that has ever worked for me. I have gained over the past few months not going to the meetings as we watched the twins that day and went over the weight I swore I would never go over...155...by 8 lbs. Since the meeting on Tues, I have already taken off 3 of that! And E and I are back walking or riding daily. We both want to be around to enjoy our grandchildren as long as we can and weight management and exercise are the best things we can do.

I am so blessed. Not long ago someone offered up to me a piece of her soul in the form of an apology. I had a choice: I could make her feel as badly as I had felt or I could give both of us some peace of mind. I thought long and hard and, after two years of anger and regrets, we both have peace. Recently I had a chance to pass this on so I did expecting nothing in return. And I got peace just out of the effort. Amazing how that works.

I am so blessed. I've been given opportunities lately and have taken a careful look at where I want to invest my time and effort. I have closed some doors in order to open one or two others.
We shall see what happens out of those doors both opened and closed.

I am so blessed! Happy 64.5 to me!

No comments: