Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Catch up day

We've been having such a wonderful time visiting with Jo and Bill, our friends from St. Louis who winter here in Tarpon Springs two months of the year, getting back into my Wednesday's Women Who Do Lunch Bunch cropping at Posh Scraps and hanging out with the Grands that blogging has taken a sad second or is that fifth fiddle.  So, let me try to give a brief overview of the past few days...



Thanks to Jo, I am back walking.  She and I have committed to Thurs-Mondays and I'll fit in any more when I can.  These are some shots from one of my walks on a foggy day last week.  And one shot from this past Monday's walk.  All of these are of various sections of the Anclote River.


 Jo and I took our first walk last week down to the Sponge Docks and lo! and behold, we ended up at one of our favorite bakeries.  We showed great restraint  and split two concoctions.  We talked about how much sitting outside the bakery at the little tables and hearing Greek spoken reminded us of our time on Mykanos on our Med. cruise.

Friday, Jo gave Papa E a break and rode with me to pick up the kids.  We met E at Tarpon Tavern and Jo went to pick up Bill.   We had a lovely dinner in the courtyard.  Sat., Jo and I headed down to St. Pete to see her godson, my son, Rob and visit my friend Di St. Jacques-Blue had a booth at the Sat. Market there.  She sells the most amazing flowers made from plastic bottles...so beautiful!  We all met for a glass of wine and then Jo and I promptly got lost heading north...usual for me .  I get all turned around in St. Pete!

Sunday, E and I finished off tons of things around the house and hit a huge sale at Beall's.  We are pretty much done with the preparations for our trip.  We are awaiting the e tickets for the plane trips and our luggage tags from the cruise lines.  The To Do list has shrunk to practically nothing.  To celebrate, we met Jo and Bill at Miss Vickie's on the Anclote for lunch.  The beer was cold, the burgers juicy and we had a great time listening to some excellent bluegrass by the Michigan Misfits.


Monday, we hung around the house and just chilled.  Today is our half day with the Grands.  Papa read Cat in the Hat to them while they had breakfast and they listened to almost the whole book.

a




A dear friend of mine, Eileen Scott, had highly recommended a music program at St. Ignatius Catholic Church here in Tarpon Springs that she said was delightful for kids of all ages.  So, today, off we went to try out Music with Mar. We had such a great time that we bought a book of tickets and will be going back for lots more.  Talk about a wonderful time.  To find out if there is a Music with Mar in your town or state, you can call 727-781 4Mar.  I am going to tell my daughter to book a set of classes for the kids for the summer!  There are classes all over the U.S. not just here in Tarpon Springs.

Here are a few pics of the kids on the ride...Leighton loves to hold hands with her big brothers...them, not as much! lol








That brings me back to Wed., tomorrow, and cropping at POSH.

I shall try to be more diligent  about blogging.  More and more blogs I use to follow have not been updated in eons and I don't want to join that.  This is more than a way for friends and family to keep in touch with us...it is my journal.  Thanks for your patience.

No comments: