Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Twins say I am only three

which sure beats the 66 I woke up to this morning.  Actually, I don't mind being the age I am.  Besides the alternative not being so attractive (not being at all), I have found that my eccentricities are more accepted at this age.  The acceptance is usually accompanied by a pat on the hand and a "of course, dear"...lol. 

This has been an incredible year for both E and me.  While there have been a few health issues such as the conjunctivitis, the upper respiratory and the flu bugs the Grands shared all too nicely with us, my torn meniscus and trying to get E's blood meds regulated, we've actually been in good shape.  I think the care we have been providing the Grands has kept us on our toes and young (ish).  We will sure miss the twins next year as they will be going to their Mama's school for pre k.  This will give us a chance for some one on one bonding with our girly girl, Leighton. 

Paper arts wise, I was very excited to be asked to design for Creative Imaginations (now Splash of Color)last fall.  I resigned at the end of Dec. when we realized we would be taking on a 4th. day with the Grands. I took a sabbatical from my other design team, Gecko Galz until this month.  I continued to teach at Posh Scraps and design for the store and to teach at Cheeky Chics Scrapbooking retreats.

Our trip to Australia and New Zealand for almost a month was one of the highlights of our year.  We've been so blessed with friends, friends of friends and friends' relatives who went out of their way to make us feel so at home and share their time, their homes and their love of their countries with us so generously. Thank you Helen Strawford and Clare O'Connor.

We've made some new friends this past year locally and have had fun meeting them out and about.  Out of one friendship, came my new enterprise, Bottle Works .  My products are now for sale at Sarah Hooper's Tipsy Candle Factory here in Tarpon Springs. And I've done some commissioned glass pieces as well.  Two other local stores have shown interest in carrying my pieces as well.  .

I had a brief  'career' as a columnist this past year.  A slick and neat magazine showed up in mailboxes here in town called, Tarpon Springs Life.  I was asked by the editor to write a 350 word column plus photos each month.  My column is/was entitled "Tarpon Springs Living".  I wrote exactly two columns before the publishing company decided the demographics were not suited for the magazine and, after four issues, stopped publication.  I was invited to continue to contribute to another magazine about an area just south of here but have decided to focus on family, friends and the Bottle Works. 

The Women Who Lunch Bunch have continued to delight me and enrich me with their friendship, their talent and their ever present sense of humor.  Unfortunately, our beloved Posh Scraps closed.  We regrouped and now crop at each others homes and added Michele (the owner of Posh) and her mother, Ms Mary to our group.


Another exciting thing that is soon to take place has been the Cheeky Chics fund raiser cyber crop next Sat. from 8am-6pm EST.  I have been so excited to be a part of this wonderful opportunity to help those in Oklahoma affected by the recent tornadoes.  For more information on how to join us or donate or...check THIS out.

This has been an all over great year and I am looking forward to many many more.  So happy 66th. (or 3) to me!

No comments: