Monday, December 23, 2013

On the mend

It was a rough week before Christmas this year as one by one the Grands came down with that nasty flu bug that is going around.  After having one or two and then three for Wed.-Friday of last week, the inevitable happened and first me and then Papa got it.  Yesterday was my first day of feeling better and Papa is a day or two behind me.  We'll be aok for Christmas which is the best present we could ask for.  Our eucalyptus oil has been put to good use along with some OTC stuff designed for old people like us with hbp on meds.

I walked for the first time in days today.  Met Jo out at Howard Park and we walked through the park, over the causeway and around on the beach for a bit.  I was a tad short of breath but it sure felt good to be walking again.   We're heading out to Miss Vickie's on the Anclote to meet Bill and Jo for lunch.  It is 81 and sunny here today and the warmth sure feels good.

For all of you who did not get Christmas cards from us, apologies.  My intent was good but the follow through for a variety of reasons, lacking.  I promise to do better next year.  Maybe I'll start addressing them on the 26th?

Hope your holidays are filled with love and laughter and that Santa brings you peace and happiness.  Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

LyndaKay said...

Glad you both are feeling better! Merriest of Christmases to you!