Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Place d'Armes

Long ago and far away in a another time, I stayed at Place d'Armes when it was the Felton (or Feldon) Guest House.  It was 1/4 the size of what the place is now, no pool, about 15 rooms total and run by two eccentric Southern women who were sisters.  I have no clue to what happened to the two gals who played one upmanship with me over mint julips and other assorted drinks long ago and far away as I sat reading around the fountain...but I do want to thank them kindly.

Place d'Armes is on St. Ann and about 3 blocks from Bourbon (we outgrew the noise and crowds years ago) and two blocks from Cafe du Monde and the French Market (never outgrow that area)!  It is quiet at night and convenient but the biggest draw of all...it is beautiful!

Our room and the same courtyard room we had 16 years ago when we shared it with the Schmidts.  This visit...we did not share!


 There is a lovely Continental Breakfast served every mourning: croissants, Danishes, fruit, and the best coffee along with juice!




I've stayed elsewhere in the Quarter but Place d'Armes is our home away from home.  And am I not just the biggest tease ever making you wait for the food post? lol  It is coming; I promise!

No comments: