Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Playing Tourist


Yesterday I decided to play tourist in my own town. I drove over the cause way to Sanibel and shopped my way down Periwinkle to Captiva where I had lunch at the Green Flash.
I even had a gentleman admirer while I ate, which was so flattering! lol

I visited an antique store and found a vintage Florida car window decal for my project tonight at our Altered Artists meeting. We are doing cigar purses and want to do mine in Old Florida motif.

I'll post some pics of the view from the Green Flash later today...I really do live in Paradise.

7 comments:

Patty said...

mmmmm - e is going to be jealous

. . . how do you know it is a 'he'?

JulesinParadise said...

The waitress said that the lady heron was not in attendance and was wondering why the male was there by himself! lol

Mae said...

Oh, MY!! You really DO live in Paradise! What an interesting lunch date you had.

Mae

altar ego said...

I think it's lovely to be admired, and glad you had companionship during your delicious-looking lunch! (you should post that picture, too!). Glad you had such a nice day.

Ruth.E said...

Well the bird is certainly something. Look forward to seeing more pics. I think it is great to play tourist in your own town - I see lots of wonderful things that way and enjoy sharing with the children.
Trolls on the mb hey - missed that bit.
Ruth

Shar said...

Hi Jules
What a beautiful photo. :)

Missed everyone in my absence the past 5 days...hate being without my computer! It has become almost an appendage, having had it for 15 years now. Hoping my monitor doesn't grow a mind of its own again or I'll be in the loony bin for sure.

Not sorry I missed the troll business. Yikes.

Kip said...

I just saw your post on the ckmb so know you made it home safe and sound!

kip