Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Posting from Paradise

Once upon a time, we would walk a mile down our hill to the Mexican restaurant, have a few margaritas with some friends and make the return trip. Our friends use to joke about us getting stopped for WWI (Walking While Intoxicated) but believe me, walking uphill for a mile or so is a sobering experience.

There is a Mexican restaurant up the street from where we live now and the difference in a few years is that we will drive there for one, early and drive home. Live offeres up lots of changes.

I am hoping to meet a friend I haven't seen in months for lunch tomorrow. Her grandson is undergoing a series of tests at Duke University Medical Center to find out why he is not talking. The dr. believe he was misdiagnosed two years ago and now they want to diagnose correctly and proscribe a treatment plan. My friend is more hopeful than she has been in a long time. He is the sweetest little fellow and, even though I may not see him for months, always seems to remember me with a big hug and a smile the size of TX.

I am tired of trying to make a couple of layouts competitive for a DT so am just going to finish them off and call it done. I don't scrap the way all the hot new designers do. While I am pretty much of an eclectic scrapper and creator, I just don't do the new look, that I call "urban chic". I step outside the box tons but when I look at this new trend, as amazing as the layouts are (and they are amazing believe me!), they are all starting to look alike. It is the nature of the beast...like when everyone was layering patterened papers on patterened papers...it is what sells and what will be published til the next trend moves in.

2 comments:

Mae said...

I agree, the new trend in scrapbook design is beautiful. I still love all styles. To me, if it works, it works. I love your "STYLE". Just be true to you, THAT is when you do your best work.

Happy Friday!
Mae

Cindy Marchant said...

Yup, I think this is all fun to try but ultimately you have to be true to yourself!!! Hey, I sound like Paula!!! LOL!!!