Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

This was, as my pal, Kipster would say, a "Big Biscuit" weekend. Not only did the kids wine and dine me on Friday night and we find out our house will be ready mid to end of Oct., but I got an invite to teach at Ruban Rouge. This gives me two locations where I can teach in the St. Pete/Palm Harbor area. I'll start classes before we move and either stay with the Kipster or my dd, Kristen, when I schedule a class. As a matter of fact, my first class at Whims in St. Pete is scheduled for June 17th (my mini album coaster class with Wild A papers).
More below:

This is one of the trays I bought with my gift certificate from my kids at Ruban Rouge. The trays are a tad over 12x12 and have optional inserts like the one pictured here. I bought the inserts on an earlier visit. I think I may keep my chip board letters in this one or some of the ephemera that I keep piling up on my desk. More below: OK, can I tell you how happy this tool makes me. All the coasters for my mini album coaster class require that I drill a hole in one corner. So, I either had to get out my dremmel and drill away or my honey's power drill (and we all know how protective men are about their power tools, right?). This tool will punch the hole in a snap and requires so little pressure it is unreal. Color me happy!
And this was my pretty pick for this week. I can't wait to start playing with this lovely stuff. I will have to hunt far and wide to find pictures "worthy" of actually cutting this paper and using these great rub ons and chipboard letters. K.Ology rocks!

Hope all you Mom's have a great day...my weekend was wonderful thanks to my hubby, the renowned E, my kids and my friends. Big smoochies to all.

10 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Almost forgot the big wave! Today's wave goes out to the repeat visitor from Savannah, GA! Can't wait to visit your fair city!

Kath said...

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations Twinks! I almost posted congrats on the monkey board, but I wasn't sure you could tell them there yet, but since you posted here about Ruban Rouge, I feel okay to say CONGRATULATIONS - YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm soo excited for you (can you tell Kip told me last night, lol?) We were just so thrilled for you. You are really making your mark on the sb world these days. Have a blast with it!!! Can't wait to take your classes. Hugs, Kath

Zora said...

Congrats on all of your good news!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor and have FUN!!! That crop o dile looks pretty darn cool! Happy Mother's Day!

Zora

altar ego said...

Hi there roomie, and a happy mom's day backatcha! Boy, you had a big biscuit weekend! Glad there is so much fun stuff going on in your world, I love to celebrate the success of my friends and raise a toast to them. So, cheers! And how the heck do you know where people are "visiting" from?
xoxo

Mae said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Jules! Congratulations on your gig at RR. How exciting to have this waiting for you when you move to your new city. Things seem to be working out for you, YAY!!!

Mae

:Jayne said...

Happy Mother's Day!
Great choices with the gift certificate. Congrats on the teaching! Now I DO have more incentive to come to S.FL. to visit!
:J

julie said...

Happy Mother's Day Jules! How I wish I could come and take that coaster class with you. Congrats!

Julie

Pam in Moncton said...

Great news! And I've been reading about your house news too. Lot's of excitement around your place. Seems like you had a lovely weekend all around, with the Elsie class, the family time, etc. So glad for you. Wish I was closer and could pop in and take classes from you any time!
Pam

Tami Jones-Shumate said...

That is awesome Jules! Congrats on the New teaching job!!
Happy mothers day to you!
Tami

Cindy Marchant said...

I soooo love the new K. Ology papers and stuff. Big Congrats to you on the new teaching position!!! Sure wish i could be a pupil!!!

Cindy