Saturday, May 13, 2006

Our early Mom's Day Celebration


We headed to Clearwater Beach as soon as Rob got off work yesterday. There was a two hour wait at either Frenchy's or Palms so we took pictures for my class today, walked a little on the beach and has some liquid refreshments. Our wait was actually only about an hour and the beach burgers were great. The kids surprised me with a gift card to Ruban Rouge which I will use today before my class with Elsie Flannigan. I have my three new pastel sharpies all ready to doodle!

I am suppose to bring between ten and twenty family pictures to the class today with more verticals than horizontals or was that vice versa? I was so busy yesterday trying to get the hinged panels sent off to Stampington (crossed fingers here that they can get good enough pics to publish it in the mag. The editor and I have corresponded a bit and she seems very nice)that I left my class supply list at home in Ft. Myers! Oh well.

I have come to the conclusion that we need some really good pictures the next time all of us are together...the last "family" professional one we had done doesn't look like us at all and is over 7 years old! Wouldn't we all look oh too cute in khaki and blue?

My Wave of the day goes out to the mystery visitor to my blog from Estero, Florida. I thought I knew almost all the scrappers who live near me in Ft. Myers, but maybe not. Hello Estero!

4 comments:

Kip said...

The only thing missing in that photo is me in the chair with my wine!!! You lucky duck- a GC to RR!!!

nickle831 said...

I love the picture! That beach burger sounds yummy, I can smell it from here.

Ruth.E said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful time you have been having over there. I am thinking I need some family pics too - and apparently buttons. Who knew. Have a good one. And Jules, where does your whatsit say I am from? Just interested because of course I knew where I am from. LOL
Ruth

karen said...

What a Fabulous Family picture!!!!
You really don't have to be in
khaki to look good!!!!
Have a Great Mothers day!!!
Karen