Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tonight's Love Poem

Posting from Paradise

For our anniversary supper my honey created Beef Filets with Blue Cheese Portobello Sauce and a salad out of Southern Living that was to die for

and while he cooked, this is what I read to him:

From Heart to Heart

Our love is like a lovely bridge
Between your heart and mine
A bridge we've built down through the years
Just to our design

It's based on happy memories
Of the good times that we've known
The hopes and dreams we two have shared
The thoughtfullness you've shown.

It's stronger now than ever
For it's grown with every smile
And every act of kindness
That mkes life seem more worthwhile.

Andnow I know that, if you're near
Or if we're miles apart
Our love still unites us
With a bridge from heart to heart

(author unknown)

5 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Oh, that's beautiful!

Doug Bagley said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many more ahead of you.

Pam in Moncton said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the poems and I'm sure it make the dinner prep go that much more easily to have them read.
Pam

Yvonne said...

That's just beautiful!

Happy Anniversay!

madcow said...

Happy Anniversary (belatededly!). Today I'm reading "Valentine" on page 88 and thought of you two - appropriate I thought as your canoodling seems to be a kitchen activity! LOL
Did I tell you that not long ago my gf went to a wedding that Pinky was the celebrant? She said the wedding was one of the most beautiful she'd been to and after reading Pinky's book she understood why. xxx Clare