Saturday, July 01, 2006

Welcome to the Weekend

To Goofy, the cat, one day is pretty much like another. He rises at 5 am, pats my honey for food even if his bowl is full and then pats me to sit with him on the front porch. He prefers the fountain on so he can get his morning drink.
At about 7:30 am, retires among the bed clothes for a short snooze until I make him move so I can make up the bed. From there, Goof head to my closet or E's for his mid morn nap. Upon occassion he has been known to hit the scratching post or his brother, Just Jack, whichever is the closest to him at the time.
From about ten am until around 2pm, he moves to the couch back and sleeps with one eye on the lizards and birds outside the window. The remainder of the afternoon is spent on the lanai or the front porch until it is once again time to eat.
By now, poor Goof is exhausted from his frantic pace and curls up next to me on the couch for some relaxing tv time...his preferences are Law and Order and So You Think You Can Dance. By 8:30, he has moved to his assigned place at the foot of the bed and, if I don't join him by 9 ish, he comes looking for me and calling me in cateses.
If there is reincarnation, I want to come back as my cat! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

crazydarla said...

Oh boy...sounds like a few cats that I KNOW! We have three cats, well, still kittens really. Affectionatly named....Queen Abbi, Princess Lil' Bit and his master Lil' Dude. (dont' ask...) The three of them run WILD all night long, dashing through the house, up and over and under and around the beds of every/anyone's bedrooms they can get into (we all wised up and started closing our doors). In the great and wild chase we have each endured some deep wounds, particularly clawing and scratching to the feet and upper arms as then tend to be the appendages that "flop" off the sides of the bed, dangling like fresh meat in front of a shark!!!!
Then these three precosious kittens spend the entirety of thier day wanding through the house napping at thier leisure, on the sofas, under the beds, or out on the patio chairs sunning themselves as if they were golden beach godess' or something. Ahh yes, I want to be a cat too!!!!!

HUGS Darla

Ruth.E said...

Yep, I want to be a cat too.