Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Day

While the aroma of cooking turkey won't be wafting through our house today as we are eating out, we will still have all the rest of the chaos of TG going on. All of the kids are safely under mama hen's roof and they stayed up talking for some time last night long after E and I went to bed. All 3 of them are late sleepers so we have the house to ourselves for a bit. E goes to work at 9 and will join the kids, my sister and her boyfriend and me at the Channel Mark restaurant on the Back Bay where we will have a buffet Thanksgiving. E is cooking a turkey and all the fixings for us on Sat. so I still get my white meat on wheat with mayo sandwich!I am hoping to convince the two guys to help me string the candy cane lights on the tree out in front while E is at work. We started to do this on Monday when the branch E was leaning on gave way and he fell off the ladder onto the lawn. Fortunately, he was cushioned by the thick grass and only his pride was injured. I'd rather he not get back up on the ladder for a bit.Poor Lucille, my new lime green retro Christmas tree for the front porch. She was blown off the table by the winds while Kristen and I were out shopping. While the rug cushioned the blow somewhat, several of her oh so cute ornaments were broken. I've now duct taped Lucille's feet to the table so she does not take another spill. Good thing I had found some more cool ornaments for her at Target when K and I were out!My coffee is hot, the morning brisk and the hot tub is calling me so I am off. Will post lots of pics of the kids and the restaurant. Have a great Thanksgiving one and all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jules, E and kiddos! I'm glad you'll get to enjoy the aroma of turkey later in the weekend, somehow the holiday just isn't the same without it. Have a glorious day--at least you won't have to clean up in the kitchen today!
xoxo

Kip said...

Have a wonderful day today with the family! Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm so thankful to have you as a friend too Jules!

Kipper

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day! Enjoy the family gatherings!

Pam in Moncton said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jules! And the same to your family. Must be fun to have everyone around. Enjoy your meal out.
Pam

Ruth.E said...

Christmas trees, hot air balloons and giant chairs - your blog is filled with colour and smiles. Hope you have a lovely thanksgiving and just who is getting those leftovers sent to them? Any chance of me getting a crumb. LOL. Enjoy.
Ruth

Kip said...

where the hell are you???? I want to know how the dinner went yesterday, lol!!