Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NOV 1ST. IN Paradise

Posting from Paradise
This year is just flashing by in a a blink! Seemed like just a couple of days ago we were packing for our couple of weeks at the beach and here it is working towards Thanksgiving.

This morning was a cool, misty one and reminded me of many mornings back in St. Louis in the late fall. My last year in town, I was retired and vowed to walk no matter what the weather. The village where we lived was built on what had been a golf course and there were lots of hills, cul d'sacs and sidewalks throughout.

I remember best the walks in the very early morning in the fall. I would put on E's rubber lined fishing jacket and pull the hood tight over my head phones. While the misty rain would fall, I would walk to Enya and end up down by one of the lakes to watch the geese and ducks.

This was my favorite time of the day and the best way to start one that I can think of. The leaves would be wet on the sidewalk and berries would be starting to grow on vines in the woods that lined the whole development.

This morning just set my thoughts drifting back. Time is so fleeting; it is hard to catch and keep a memory.

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Yes, I myself had a "moment" this morning when I realized it's November 1st!!!