Thursday, November 30, 2006

Our Big Night Out

 
 
 

Because E is such a great cook and loves to cook (thank heavens!), we don't eat out much. We decided to take some of the cash from our yard sale and go to one of our favorite restaurants, The Lighthouse which is on the water near a marina. The view is lovely and we have seen dolphin, manatee and even a gator in the small bay that is a home to the Marina and to Connie Mack Island.

The food is tasty, plentiful and attractively served. I had the Oscar Grouper which was divine. Tons of crab meat mixed into a stuffing over tender grouper topped with home made Hollindise (although I can't spell it, I can tell the difference between home made and packaged!). E has the oso bucco over risotto and raved about the flavor. I have enough of mine left for lunch today.

I deep sixed the dress idea and settled on a new pair of black slacks, a red camasole and a black jacket. E had wanted to dress comfortably so I followed suit. I think we clean up quite nicely though, don't you?

Not much on the agenda for today. The greenery is hung on the bannisters and now I have to reattach the gold poinsettas, the grape clusters, the beading and the pears and apples. I saw a bannister about ten years ago in a Southern Living Christmas book and just had to try my version of it. The whole thing is entwined with a red, green and gold sheer ribbon. I'll post pics when I finish it.

We do have a realtor or two coming through this week with the first one scheduled for this morning. I no longer get wildly excited about these visits like I did when we first put the house on the market. Any more I think if it sells, it sells, if it doesn't than we can live here without too much pain...lol. We do want to get up closer to the Clearwater/Palm Harbor area but we no longer feel pressured like we did before, which is a very good thing! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

You do clean up very nicely! Glad you had a good evening out and it does look like a lovely place. I'm sure your Christmas decorations will make the house even more attractive so you never know...maybe you will get some results from the visit.
Pam

:Jayne said...

Wow! Red & Black, you sexy woman you! The dinner sounds divine, if you ever get up this way I will need to take you to Zeke's for Grouper Romar, which sounds like you dinner. It is stuffed with crab and covered in a Hollandaise sauce with baby shrimp.
I can't wait to see your bannisters. I just can't get into the decorating spirit.
Loved the pics, gorgeous sunset!
:J

Kath said...

Beautiful place for dinner, twinks - glad you enjoyed it!
Hugs, Kath

Anonymous said...

One hot Momma, but we already knew that! Nice place, sounds yummy. Must be nice when you have to tear yourself away from home cooking to go out to eat lol.

Kisses!

Kip said...

you both look mahhhhhhhvelous Darling!! And I know you enjoyed yourselves! Yes, sell that damn house and get up here!

Zora said...

You two are a beautiful couple!! It sounds like you had a well deserved lovely evening!! :-) -Zora

nickle831 said...

Wow those pictures are lovely! It sounds like ya'll had a wonderful evening. I've still got everything crossed for the house selling.