Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006's last morning in Paradise






And what a beautiful morning it is...a grand way to send 2006 on its way. This has been an interesting year to say the least. It was filled with ups and downs but luckily, E and I have had tons more SMILES than we've had FROWNS. We are blessed with interesting and loyal friends and neighbors and we enjoy the company of our families. We have our health and that says a lot for our age group.


We are heading to the beach to celebrate the end of 2006. We are not night drivers and have spent most of our New Years' Eves at home. We're picking up my sister after E gets off work and will hit a couple of spots on the beach and then head home for the rest of our day. We're having crab legs, steak and a bottle of bubbly that some one gave us. Even if we got to bed before midnight, all the fireworks here will wake us up, I am sure.

Speaking of food, E fixed us this wonderfully pretty and very tasty meal last night: Tuna steak with artichoke and tomato; can you blame me for taking pictures of this. Clare, our New Zealand friend, sent the cook book to E for Christmas...lovely!

Have a safe New Year's all. May this next year bring you love, happiness, good health and prosperity but most of all, may your year be filled with rolling on the floor, almost wet your britches, side aching, belly rocking laughter! Know someone here in Paradise is thinking good thoughts for you.

1 comment:

Ruth.E said...

Oh my that looks good. I cant wait until I get to visit you and E so I can taste some of those delicious meals.
Ruth