Thursday, December 28, 2006

Greetings from Paradise...wish you were here!




This is our favorite time of the year (with the exception of the horrible traffic congestion from Snow Birds). The temps cool at night and warm during the day. The breezes are balmy and the opportunities for out door fun are endless.

On Christmas Eve, poor E had to work. The kids and I had intended to kayak on the Estero River which is part of the Great Calusa Blue Way (a marked canoe/kayak trail that exceeds a hundred miles)but the kayak outfitters was closing. We ended up having snack food and beer on the beach. The day was mild and the water was as clear as I have ever seen it. Unfortunately, there was a red tide surge and when the wind would blow inland, it was not pleasant. The kids and I went to the Cottage first as we love their food and then on to my sister's favorite hangout, Channel Mark.

E is working today and I am finishing up the directions for January's Hang Ten Paper Art kit, Winter Wishes. Christmas is coming down at a slow pace...the swags on railing is the next on the 'pack it up' list. The outside lights, which we leave up until New Year's Day along with the tree and village, have dried out from our Christmas rain and are back on.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

:Jayne said...

Love your beach pictures! Lula has a Perdido Key Beach pic for her backdrop. I just love the beach.
I wish I were coming to Winter Retreat, we DO need to crop together!

:J

madelineas said...

Love this picture on the balcony, looks nice and sunny and warm...