Monday, December 25, 2006






HAPPIEST OF HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL! Both of our celebrations were wonderful. The food last night was just enough, the company wonderous and the smiles from our little Kaela set all our hearts ablaze with the spirit of the holiday. Last night, Dennis, my sister's beau, helped us maintain one of our quirky family traditions: the reading in dialect of the Cajun Night Before Christmas. This rendering is always done by the newest person to attend our Christmas Eve revelry and Dennis did himself proud. The gifts were all chosen with care and were joyfully received. Kristen surprised me with matching jammies for the two of us...what fun.

This morning, Kristen surprised Chris with a new bike so now they can go cruising together. She borrowed my bike and they took Chris' new one out for a spin around the neighborhood. E got lots of Pampered Chef goodies and I got some new earrings and more cards for my new camera. Rob and Chris worked very hard during this weekend to try and fix Harry, who is aging and not so gracefully and Minnie, who seems to have developed internal problems. While both computers are running a tad better, there is still much that has to be done...and, of course, Minnie's warrenty is up!

The boys left for Clearwater and Palm Harbor as they both have to work tomorrow but Kristen is staying down for a bit and she loves to be the "only child". We are all invited to a dinner party at a neighbors around 3ish. K. is napping, I am getting ready for a bit of a power rest myself and E is working last Sat.'s crossword.

E and I feel so blessed by our family, our wonderful friends and neighbors, and our health. Hope your holidays are the best....love, from Paradise!

3 comments:

Kath said...

Merriest of Christmases to you, dear Twinks. Your "I'll be Home for Christmas" is a bit more than I can bear, as I won't (wasn't), but the pic of you and Kristen in your matching jammies made me grin from ear to ear. What a wonderful gift to get from your dd - she still wants to be just like her mommy - smart kid. My love and hugs to you both, and E and the rest of the family. Merry, Merry Christmas.
Kath

Ruth.E said...

Matching jammies, who would have thought - fantastic idea. Great Christmas pics. Hope you are still enjoying the holidays.
Ruth

Michele L from Tampa said...

Love the matching Jammies! cute pictures, love the cat in the paper