Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Poinsettas in the Garden


All around the miniature train display were the most amazing poinsettas. I took pictures with and without the labels so I could remember what my favorites were called. The ones in the first picture are about the size of a half dollar and in full bloom! The pale pink ones were so delicate looking and velvety! The last ones were painted with Dutch dyes and glitter and were certainly festive. E and I were fortunate enough to find a Peppermint Poinsetta at a nursery here in Ft. Myers and I'll have to get a shot of that to add to the blog later.

Todays agenda has us unpacking and doing laundry. We also have some steam cleaning of the carpet in our bedroom on the list in preparation for our Holiday Open House on Sat. and our out-of-town visitors, Kip and Linda!

We also have some of our last shopping to do for Christmas. There are still 3 presents to buy and then we are done. Of course, we always think we are done when we are not!

More poinsettas later, I hope!
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michele L from Tampa said...

THose are beautiful! I just love flowers.