Monday, April 16, 2007

De-stressing!






After the vendor's fair closed on Sat., our work had just begun. We had to box up all the product, put it into the pods (wood and metal containers that most vendors have. These are moved by huge semis from convention to convention)and break down the six and seven foot grids from which the product is hung. Barb, my roomie on the road, and I headed into the crop to sell some of Kim's very cute kits and then we finished any work that was left.

Our next stop was supper and then back "home" to our hotel rooms. There is no better cure for stress and fatigue than hanging out with good friends and laughing until you almost....well, you get the picture.

Classes went very well and I had two amazing volunteers. Both were high energy, knowledgable and always there to help me and the students. I was one happy teacher! I got to meet IRL one of our pals from the Monkey board (private message board group), Lamb Chop's Mom,also got to meet Judy B who owns Crop it Up Too! (if I got the name wrong, please let me know, Judy and I'll fix it!),plus a gal whom I met through the Creative Escape yahoo group, Kathy N, and several gals who use to hang out with Kip, Pete, Moni, Kath,etc. and me on the old ckmb. It was so nice to hear we are missed. Many of these gals have also moved on to other message boards.

My friend, Jadee, who got me into scrapping was able to come by. Jadee and I use to teach and coach together at Hazelwood Central where she is now the Science Dept. Chair (she got E's old job). She arrived at the best time possible as we were mobbed at the Make N Take table. Kim, the owner of Scrapbooks N Stickers (www.scrapbooksnstickers.com) had designed the cutest little clip boards with cute papers. Jadee stepped right in and helped tons. We took a break and got to chat for a bit.

Off to start the laundry and continue the packing for the move. My next teaching event is on the cruise for Hilltop Memories (www.hilltopmemories.com) May 3-6th and then comes Scrapbook Expo in Tampa, where our very own Hang Ten Paper Arts is sponsoring a class for the first time ever at a national convention on June 7-9. Be there for the fun!

6 comments:

lilscrapper67 said...

I was one of your clipboard students on Sat. You are such a funny lady! I was going through my bookmarks this morning and clicked on this blog and thought to myself, that lady really looks familiar!
Glad you made it home ok and thanks for making the CKC a little bit more fun!

JulesinParadise said...

Thanks for the compliment! You gals are what make teaching the fun it is!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Welcome back home Jules. Thanks for sharing the pictures, looks and sounds like you had a blast!

Smooches!

Kip said...

Well I'd say that was a very successful trip!!! Wish I was there with you guys.

judy k said...

Hi Jules,
Once again it was great to meet you. Glad you made it home safe and sound.
Now the weather here is beautiful so go figure.
The name of our booth is papercropper too. That's ok as a lot of people get it wrong. I will get the picture sent to you soon still taking inventory so I can update my website. You are as wonderful in person as you are on the message boards and blogs.
Judy
Papercropper too

Pam in Moncton said...

Sounds like you had a fine time at the convention and all went well. Good you got to meet some old and new friends. See you soon!
Pam