Saturday, April 07, 2007

Introducing my new pals,




I have a picture of my sister, myself and our parents standing outside my grandmother's house when we were young. We are each clutching a stuffed rabbit and are dressed in foo foo dresses, hats, little white gloves and white mary jane shoes. This must have been where my bunny collection started although I no longer have the original rabbit.

My mother had a stuffed lady bunny that she kept on her love seat in her bedroom. Someone gave her this rabbit and I loved it...cute muslin body, big floppy ears and a bow over one. She wears a pinafore and I have her still. Two aunts from my father's side gave me my own as a thank you gift when they and my uncles stayed at my house for one of the Sears family reunions and the rest of the collection (now numbering about 18)came over time.

Last year I added Penelope. Her cute little pink coat and her pretty skirts caught my eye but it was the purse that cinched the dear. This year's addition is Henrietta. Her little shoes and her hat have the cutest little flowers out of felt. Once again, it was the purse that made me grab her off the shelf and take her home with me. I've always been a sucker for the embellishments, you know?

Have a great Easter weekend all!

5 comments:

Mae said...

What precious bunnies. Henrietta is to die for. I love all of her felt flowers and her hat, purse, and shoes are adoreable.

Mae

Kip said...

I LOVE your bunnies and I really love the cute little purses with them! You gave me an idea so now you have to come see my bunnies on the blog!!

madelineas said...

OHH I love your bunnies. They are so cute. I would be cuddleing them all the time though..

Happy Easter Jules,

Cindy Marchant said...

Those are both just adorable!! Happy Easter to you and E!!

Pam in Moncton said...

Cute bunnies! Happy Easter to you and Gene.
Pam